Day 27 of Capture Your Grief (in memory of Freddie Leigh Bromley) and the subject title today is ‘Signs‘.
I have never had a fondness for birds particularly in the past but since Freddie has passed they have become to have a special meaning to our family. I have touched on why birds have such a significance in other blog posts and there have been several different incidences with birds that have made us see them as a sign:
- The day I announced my pregnancy to my family I gave my mother a bird Christmas tree decoration which can be seen to the right of this picture
- Following my hen party as my mother, sister, husband and I sat chatting, a bird flew into the garden and landed on top of the bunting that was up, just like on the thank you card I had given them. I spotted it and commented on how amazing that was.
- After he passed a dear friend gave us a blue ceramic bird.
- The plant my mother picked out to put in her garden in memory of him she later found out was called Hibiscus Blue Bird.
- One of the songs we played at Freddie’s funeral was Songbird by Eva Cassidy.
- We had commissioned a florist to create a funeral flower arrangement for Freddie to make up the letter F. When we received it on the day we noticed the florist had added a blue bird to the side of the arrangement. We hadn’t asked for it and she didn’t know the significance of it to us.
Even today on my mother’s birthday, my sister and I were having a teary heart to heart in my old room at my mother’s house and as we were chatting, I looked out the window to see a beautiful bird sat on the bird table. I saw this as a sign that Freddie was with us on this special and emotional day.
I look forward to the next sign from Freddie to us.