So it’s New Year’s Eve and despite having a bit of a cold, I am very excited about celebrating seeing in 2012 this evening. The last year has seen several positive changes in my life and I am really proud with how my life is going and what challenges next year is going to bring.
It’s been a really busy year for me and the extra lines of my face are there to prove it but I wouldn’t change any of it.
I probably need to reflect on what my highlights of 2011 are before I look forward to what I want for 2012:
– Seeing the Foo Fighters live at Milton Keynes was an amazing experience I will never forget. Let’s just forget the camping experience that followed in a very small tent and then the car hire company that tried to rip us off.
– Attending thebestof annual conference in the UK with my boss Kate Heywood and us coming home with the ‘Social Media Provider Award‘ for The Best of Guernsey.
– Taking part and running in the Race for Life. Such a great cause which means a lot to me as my husband’s mother died of cancer, my granny survived it but my auntie is currently suffering from it.
– Attending my mother’s wedding to the lovely John Hooker at the family home. What a gorgeous day that was in every possible way.
– Being part of the ‘Too Fast To Focus’ team scoring top points and taking home the ‘It’s a Knockout Champions‘ title.
– Running 6 miles as part of a Guernsey Marathon Relay Team in an hour again. Becoming a keen jogger/runner last year has really helped me keep the stone of weight off I lost last year and it is great to challenge yourself.
– Writing my first magazine article for Gallery Magazine. This has been a dream of mine since I liked making up and writing stories as a child and as my granny wrote a column for the Manchester Evening News, I really want to continue with this and explore lots of different styles of writing.
– Finding out that I am going to be taking part in the Sarnia Estate Agents Dancefloor Challenge in April 2012 dancing a group Argentine Tango and a couple ballroom Tango.
– Doubling the amount of Pierrine wedding commission orders from 2010 and attending my first wedding fayre.
– Hosting my first Christmas Meal. I could not have done this without the help of my husband who was a complete star.
So now looking forward to 2012:
– Lose at least half a stone in weight and keep it off with regular exercise.
– Have another year of Pierrine Wedding Commissions and make time to work on making jewellery collections I am really proud of.
– Learn to dance ballroom whilst making myself, my dance partner and my family proud of me at the Dancefloor Challenge in April and allow myself to enjoy the whole experience including the actual event!
– Attend lots of fun events and concerts including Midnight Tango in the west end, Sark Folk Festival, and Guernsey Festival.
– Enter the Race for Life again and run the whole course in 30 minutes or less.
– Enter the Guernsey Marathon Relay again improving my running time from 2011.
– Attend singing lessons again as I love to sing and want to explore this more.
I think that just about does it. I generally want to continue being true to myself, having lots of fun, saying yes to things that scare and challenge me whilst caring for those close to me and giving them time.
I know I probably won’t succeed all of the above but I know I will have fun trying!
I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and my business Pierrine over the last year. It has been one exciting year and I am really becoming a happier person who is loving life but without this support and encouragement, it would not be possible.
Enjoy 2012 – make it a year for dreams coming true and having fun as you only live once.